Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything "MADE IN THE USA" is now on the "endangerd list"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything "MADE IN THE USA" is now on the "endangerd list"?

I recieved this Email today thought it was worthy of our consideration.

Did y'all see that Diane Sawyer had a special report. They
    removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally! During the special they are going to show truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and will be talking about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said that if every American spent
    just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like 200,000 new jobs!

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF
    SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA '

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD
    BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think while the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets?

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded
    to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?
    DO IT YOURSELF,AMERICA !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it
    says 'Made in China 'or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have
    eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just
    $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are
    planning on implementing this on May 1st and continue it until June 1st.
    That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and
    lawlessness were worth it.
    Remember, MAY 1 TO JUNE 1st !!!!!!

START NOW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Anything "MADE IN THE USA" is now on the "endangerd list"?

Let's start by getting rid of our computers, phones, stereos, etc.....
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again more intelligently....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8snkbite View Post

Let's start by getting rid of our computers, phones, stereos, etc.....
    Those are a very small part of the items in a home. There are many others that you can buy without sending your funds to CHINESE MAGGOTS.

A lot of furniture is made in China, you have to look hard to buy and furniture but it is possible and you get better quality and keep a friend working.

Food is another area where MAGGOTS have started muscling in on friendly farmers, many canned peaches and pears are now from China and those are priced cheaper than the North American equivalent.

As for the TV's VIZIO are making better TV's now and won a best in Show at the last CES and that company is

The kitchen is another area where it is getting harder to not send your money to CHINA, but it is possible, buy from All-Clad or Paderno both are expensive but when you think how long cookware lasts it's only pennies a day more to buy from a friend as opposed to an enemy with NUKES pointed at you. JMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great post Birdman. I work for one of the largest cabinet manufactuers in the country, and although our products are "Made in America", all of our wood products,WOOD PRODUCTS, are imported from China.!!??
    2008 GT500, Vapor/Black Stripes, 2.8 Kenne Bell, Steeda Lowering Springs, Steeda Upper and Lower Control Arms, Tokico D-Spec Shocks/Struts, DSS Aluminum Drive Shaft, SS Gauge Kits/Pod, Stillen Cross Drilled Rotors, 642 RWHP/580 TQ, Shelby Alcoa's, NT05 tires.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of it is driven by people looking to spend as little as possible for every item they buy without having a social conscience to the impact on their own economy. Please don't take my comments as "holier than thou"; I do it too at times, but for the most part I make an effort to support Canadian, US and European products over Chinese, Indian, Taiwanese etc imports.....every guitar I have but 2 are made in the US, all my amps are made in the US or England, my drums are made in the US and most of my furniture is Canadian with a couple of US pieces.

All my vehicles and my bike are from North America and I will not buy food from another country unless it is a specific spice that you can only get from there.

I do not shop at Chinamart unless there is a North American product that I can only get there.

It is a choice every consumer can make and it does have an impact on your neighbours......
    Last edited by Vette Killer; 05-11-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typo and forgot England

2007 GT500 - Vista Blue/White Stripes

2.9 Whipple, 72# injectors, Bassani headers, x-pipe and full 3" exhaust, 08 damper, FRPP suspension, DSS one piece driveshaft, Steeda shaft cage, FRPP 3.73 gears, Short throw shifter, Steeda carbon fiber cold air kit, Steeda control arms, Steeda torque box supports, L&M Billet TB, KR diff reservoir, C&R cooler & rad, FRPP shift handle, M/T ET Street 2 DR, FRPP coil covers

Tuned by: http://www.tecmotion.ca

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Killer View Post
    Most of it is driven by people looking to spend as little as possible for every item they buy without having a social conscience to the impact on their own economy. Please don't take my comments as "holier than thou"; I do it too at times, but for the most part I make an effort to support Candian, US and European products over Chinese, Indian, Taiwanese etc imports.....every guitar I have but 2 are made in the US, all my amps are made in the US, my drums are made in the US and most of my furniture is Canadian with a couple of US pieces.

All my vehicles and my bike are from North America and I will not buy food from another country unless it is a specific spice that you can only get from there.

I do not shop at Chinamart unless there is a North American product that I can only get there.

It is a choice every consumer can make and it does have an impact on your neighbours......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I most absolutely agree with the sentiment and wholeheartedly believe Americans should buy more "Made in USA' products. HOWEVER I can't help but see humor in the dismay at finding Mandarin oranges from China.

Sorry couldn't help myself please return to the previous discussion. And please buy Mandarin oranges grown in Mississippi.
    2008 Triple Black GT500 Convertible
    FRPP CAI/Tune, FRPP 'KR' mufflers, FRPP Short throw shifter, BMR LCA's
    Max Power = 518 Max Torque = 497 DynoJet 3/6/2010

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess to me this statement is the most provocative part ..

"70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded
    to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?
    DO IT YOURSELF,AMERICA !!"

Tactics Junkie on Steroids CH53Driver's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Killer View Post
    Most of it is driven by people looking to spend as little as possible for every item they buy without having a social conscience to the impact on their own economy. Please don't take my comments as "holier than thou"; I do it too at times, but for the most part I make an effort to support Canadian, US and European products over Chinese, Indian, Taiwanese etc imports.....every guitar I have but 2 are made in the US, all my amps are made in the US or England, my drums are made in the US and most of my furniture is Canadian with a couple of US pieces.

The bolded part is definitely a large part of the problem.
    2015 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4 w/2.7EB in Magnetic

20xx GT350?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think a number of people don't even realize they're funding China. As far as they're concerned they're supporting American because stores like Walmart, Target etc are American owned.

Yes people shop by price, but in many cases, they're penny wise and pound foolish. They'll buy the Chinese brand of whatever because its 10c cheaper, but they'll go to MacDonalds / Wendy's, etc and supersize a meal for $0.59 only to get a little more soda (not much because of all the ice) and a few extra fries.
    _/\/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\/\_

In transition: Waiting; Watching; Wondering.
    Nobody can measure how much love a heart can hold, but each ounce weighs upon us heavily when the heart is broken and it fractures our soul.

Thread Information