PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this splitter

Darkside
05-08-2010, 06:15 AM
I hate when this happens, but Raceskinz made a splitter for the GT500 that I like better than the one on the car now. I like the additional downforce and the turnbuckles (which would be powdercoated black, of course)

Check it out....

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=134

I would have it painted and striped and have a new version of the metal protective lip I have on the current splitter made for this one.

This would give the Monkey Boy a chance to buy my current splitter.

Joe G
05-08-2010, 06:39 AM
that looks nice. would need to see them side-by-side to really tell what looks better

-

Boston Mike
05-08-2010, 07:07 AM
whatchugot

Tommy Gun
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Greg, we have a guy close by that tracks his car frequently at VIR and he has that on his car. I wasn't sure were he got it because I hadn't seen anyone post it before. That is a lot cheaper than I suspected when seeing his. It looks really good in person and I like how it is adjustable and strengthened by the location of the turnbuckles.

:wtg:

Can't find a pic of his car at the moment. I'm having pic troubles w/ the computer. :banghead:

Darkside
05-08-2010, 12:07 PM
whatchugot

Greg, we have a guy close by that tracks his car frequently at VIR and he has that on his car. I wasn't sure were he got it because I hadn't seen anyone post it before. That is a lot cheaper than I suspected when seeing his. It looks really good in person and I like how it is adjustable and strengthened by the location of the turnbuckles.

Can't find a pic of his car at the moment. I'm having pic troubles w/ the computer. :banghead:

TG - Thanks for the eye witness review of the splitter.

Mikey - In the attachement is a new picture of the front of the Darkmobile. If you look closely at the areas pointed to by the arrows, you will notice the thin metal lip protecting the leading edge of the splitter. Call it my little insurance policy against accidently scratching my painted splitter. The lip is anodized to guard against it being scratched. The metal lip protecting the splitter was my idea and I have not seen anyone else have it on there car.

You would just need to repaint the splitter the stock black color and bollt it up.

Boston Mike
05-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Mikey - In the attachement is a new picture of the front of the Darkmobile. If you look closely at the areas pointed to by the arrows, you will notice the thin metal lip protecting the leading edge of the splitter. Call it my little insurance policy against accidently scratching my painted splitter. The lip is anodized to guard against it being scratched. The metal lip protecting the splitter was my idea and I have not seen anyone else have it on there car.

You would just need to repaint the splitter the stock black color and bollt it up.

Ah, that's right. I couldn't remember is during it's time at AA if it had gotten an aftermarket lip or not. BTW, has the Emperor convinced the grille makers to be more reasonable?

Gr8snkbite
05-08-2010, 01:50 PM
nice..purpose of the turnbuckles?

Darkside
05-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Ah, that's right. I couldn't remember is during it's time at AA if it had gotten an aftermarket lip or not. BTW, has the Emperor convinced the grille makers to be more reasonable?

The lip originally just covered the curved portions at the outer edges. I had them do another section covering the center portion as that is what would get scratched first if you smacked a speed bump. That and I told them I wanted 100% coverage the first time.

I'm still waiting to hear back on the pricing issue.

Stability. This splitter extends out and additional 2+ inches and at speed I think it prevents it from flexing

Gr8snkbite
05-08-2010, 02:31 PM
copy that...

Speed Racer
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Actually, on a Nascar vehicle the turnbuckles adjust the height of the splitter. On this application they are purely cosmetic since the splitter is fixed.

Darkside
05-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Actually, on a Nascar vehicle the turnbuckles adjust the height of the splitter. On this application they are purely cosmetic since the splitter is fixed.

Wouldn't be the first purely cosmetic mod to my car.

I think the turnbuckles give it a bit of an "industrial" look. Goes with the car.

Joker
05-08-2010, 04:55 PM
That does look pretty good.

Speed Racer
05-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Wouldn't be the first purely cosmetic mod to my car.

I think the turnbuckles give it a bit of an "industrial" look. Goes with the car.

I like the look. I was just answering Keith's question... :tiphat2:

Tommy Gun
05-08-2010, 07:57 PM

On my friends car they are adjustable. He has the full Griggs also and is always tweaking every aspect of the car.

Speed Racer
05-08-2010, 08:02 PM
On my friends car they are adjustable. He has the full Griggs also and is always tweaking every aspect of the car.

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/images/krx-splitter.jpg

If you look at the design, it attaches the same way our splitters do, so unless I'm missing something it is not able to adjust the height of the splitter. I could be wrong... :tiphat2:

Gr8snkbite
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Yea I'm wondering as well. If fully bolted to the bumper what purpose real purpose are they. Seeing it on a car would help.

Johnny Dangerously
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.raceskinz.us.com/images/krx-splitter.jpg

If you look at the design, it attaches the same way our splitters do, so unless I'm missing something it is not able to adjust the height of the splitter. I could be wrong... :tiphat2:
Unless the turnbuckles are used to warp the splitter to get the adjustments needed.

`

Quagmire
05-17-2010, 02:28 AM

I try and view the attachment and it says I don't have sufficient rights/permissions to see it. What am I doing wrong?

JTB
05-17-2010, 02:48 AM
I hate when this happens, but Raceskinz made a splitter for the GT500 that I like better than the one on the car now. I like the additional downforce and the turnbuckles (which would be powdercoated black, of course)

Check it out....

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=134

I would have it painted and striped and have a new version of the metal protective lip I have on the current splitter made for this one.

This would give the Monkey Boy a chance to buy my current splitter.

N-I-C-E

Bluoval
09-15-2010, 04:04 AM
That would look good on your car Greg

08SGT1234
09-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Go for it......

It's an extreme splitter for an extreme car, it will balance out the rear wing. Please have this installed before the Darkmobile heads south again so I can see it in person.