PDA

View Full Version : 2011 GT500 simple bolt-on's to achieve over 600rwhp

Birdman
11-21-2010, 01:18 AM
TASCA Ford's 2011 Shelby GT500 Stage 2 Kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkdZnXa-fH0&hd=1

68fastback
11-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Awesome!! ...thanks, George!! ...L&M-66/plenum/headers 601rwHP!! :banana: ...and you know a Tasca tune isn't screwing with mass-air transfer curve to tune A/Fs :chirp: ...actually, on an '11 w/widebands, not clear they even needed to touch the tune except maybe to bump the torque limits?

rown4au
11-21-2010, 01:49 AM
As far as I am concerned as long as Dennis is running the show in their mod shop I have complete faith in them. I just traded emails with him this evening about a couple of minor things with my car and I know I am at risk or sounding like they have brain washed me, but the after sale customer service is fantastic. I am so glad they did the work on my car I only wish they were closer to Texas!

If I still lived in Ct I would make every effort to even buy all my ford vehicles through them, they have really treated me that well.

Joker
11-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Good to know that they treated you well. Some have not been happy with them from what I have read. Good to hear from the other side also.

rown4au
11-21-2010, 02:22 AM
There biggest problem is that they are always flat out, Dennis can be hard to get a hold of and may take some time to get back to you but he has always done so for me but it may take a few days.

Any questions or concerns I have ever had they have been there 100%. In my experience Dennis won't sell/instal things he doesn't believe in personally and even talked me out of spending money on certain mods when his experience said they weren't necessary or money was better spent somewhere else.

68fastback
11-21-2010, 02:53 AM
...and Dennis only tunes by the 'Ford book' -- correctly!

HSURB
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Question, if I were to put the L&M 66 Plenum on my car, would it require a new tune? I'm running a 91 Octane Tune now.

HSURB®

Black Vert SS
11-21-2010, 08:22 PM
You would have to drive it to know

HSURB
11-21-2010, 08:37 PM
You would have to drive it to know

Hey, at least my turn table isn't in my home.

HSURB®:haha:

Black Vert SS
11-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey, at least my turn table isn't in my home.

HSURB®:haha:

I'm going to have to buy you a beer or 10 someday

blackshelby
11-21-2010, 09:01 PM
:smile:
...and Dennis only tunes by the 'Ford book' -- correctly!

Did this same combo minus the headers on my brother in laws 2011 including the Tasca tune by Dennis

One word I have to say about it AWESOME.....:chirp:

What a difference night and day anybody who owns an 11 IMO really no need to do anything else to that car unless you want a race car.
Car has to be able to run low 11's maybe even a high 10 like this. I will find out in the spring:smile:

Birdman
11-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Question, if I were to put the L&M 66 Plenum on my car, would it require a new tune? I'm running a 91 Octane Tune now.

HSURB®

Assuming your tune is a stock Ford tune.....then only if your newly added HP level from the L&M TB& plenum increased it to the point where your current tune's torque limits were exceeded. Then it might throw a wrench light requiring those limits to be changed otherwise no tune necessary.

What mods have you done (if any) to your car? Do you have an aftermarket tune in your car yet?

Gr8snkbite
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Assuming your tune is a stock Ford tune.....then only if your newly added HP level from the L&M TB& plenum increased it to the point where your current tune's torque limits were exceeded. Then it might throw a wrench light requiring those limits to be changed otherwise no tune necessary.

What mods have you done (if any) to your car? Do you have an aftermarket tune in your car yet?

your kidding..right...:giggle:

too bad Tasca's website isnt as up to date...:doh2:

i needs me a cnc plenum now...

what makes their pulley so special....looks like a Metco...

Joe G
11-22-2010, 12:32 AM

what makes their pulley so special....looks like a Metco...

:waiting:

http://store.bvmperformance.com/BVM_Performance_s/126.htm

HSURB
11-22-2010, 12:44 AM

George - here is what I've done so far.

-J&M LC Arms - billet
-J&M Dual Adjustable UC Arms
-J&M Dual Adjustable Panhard Bar
-JLT CAI
-Lethal Stage II Tune
-2.6 Metco Pulley
-Idler Pulley
-AFCO Heat Exchanger
-FRPP KR Pipes
-H-Pipe (Wife's Anniversary Present)
-FRPP KR Shifter
-'08 Crankshaft Balancer

That's it so far - plus headlight tint.

HSURB®

Joe G
11-22-2010, 01:17 AM
At the time he bought it, HSURB's tune was provided by Justin at VMP.

68fastback
11-22-2010, 04:12 AM
At the time he bought it, HSURB's tune was provided by Justin at VMP.

Likely has the mass air transfer curve tweaked for the CAI but might not have messed with the TB calibration too much except for tip-in/dashpot ramps and such. Probably raised the torque limits plenty so that should accomo a plenum and a TB swap. Just guessing ...Jim/George may have more specific insight.

...but definately will have to raise the headlight-tint limits in the tune :grin:

Birdman
11-22-2010, 11:02 AM
George - here is what I've done so far.

-J&M LC Arms - billet
-J&M Dual Adjustable UC Arms
-J&M Dual Adjustable Panhard Bar
-JLT CAI
-Lethal Stage II Tune
-2.6 Metco Pulley
-Idler Pulley
-AFCO Heat Exchanger
-FRPP KR Pipes
-H-Pipe (Wife's Anniversary Present)
-FRPP KR Shifter
-'08 Crankshaft Balancer

That's it so far - plus headlight tint.

HSURB®

With the JLT and 2.6 pulley I'm sure he changed the MAF transfer functions and the torque limits. I doubt the MAF curve is accurate though unless he had it calibrated on a Pro flow bench, which I highly doubt was done. I believe Justin is of the school of using "short term fuel trims" to adjust MAF transfer #'s. :banghead:

Still there is a chance the L&M might work fine with that tune if his #'s are close. Like Jeff said you would just have to try it.

Boston Mike
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
With the JLT and 2.6 pulley I'm sure he changed the MAF transfer functions and the torque limits. I doubt the MAF curve is accurate though unless he had it calibrated on a Pro flow bench, which I highly doubt was done. I believe Justin is of the school of using "short term fuel trims" to adjust MAF transfer #'s. :banghead:

Still there is a chance the L&M might work fine with that tune if his #'s are close. Like Jeff said you would just have to try it.

:monkey: has a VMP tune too. Wonder if it's time to get a new tune..................

JLT CAI
L&M 66TB
L&M Plenum
FORE Fuel Rails
2.6 pulley/idler (VMP Stock look)
JBA Hiflow cats (meow
FRPP Handling Kit
FRPP SGTs
FRPP short throw shifter
slotted/crossdrilled rotors
I think that's it for moving pieces so far......to come, Dynatech LT's with a set of cutouts (simply for the cool factor and sound), then power upgrades (if the fiscal year closed today, it would be at the same time as the LTs :grin:)

Gr8snkbite
11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
:waiting:

http://store.bvmperformance.com/BVM_Performance_s/126.htm

:wow2: expensive....i'd need the evap relocator too.........:doh2:

Joe G
11-23-2010, 03:47 AM
:wow2: expensive....i'd need the evap relocator too.........:doh2:

Yep - almost no mark up on them either. Remember Jimmy said they're made from 1 big-azz piece of billet and those ain't cheap! :spend:

Birdman
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Yep - almost no mark up on them either. Remember Jimmy said they're made from 1 big-azz piece of billet and those ain't cheap! :spend:

yep I believe it was a 26 lb block of aluminum ...many more manufacturing steps involved as well . The cast plenum works well too but it's not quite as large as the maxed out billet plenum which also requires more blower port matching than the cast plenum because of that.

I now have one of the billlet plenums but haven't installed it yet.....winter project...:grin:

dwattsup
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
yep I believe it was a 26 lb block of aluminum ...many more manufacturing steps involved as well . The cast plenum works well too but it's not quite as large as the maxed out billet plenum which also requires more blower port matching than the cast plenum because of that.

I now have one of the billlet plenums but haven't installed it yet.....winter project...:grin:

Would it be possible for you to send me a template of the billet plenum? I'm just curious to see if it would fit my TVS after having it ported for that 'other guys' plenum. I have a couple of guys here locally who want to buy it and I would like to tell them for sure if the billet plenum would fit or not.

Thanks!

Gr8snkbite
11-23-2010, 08:39 PM

no doubt...but worth it im sure....

blackshelby
11-25-2010, 03:01 PM
no doubt...but worth it I'm sure....

The CNC plenum in my eyes are for those really looking for everything they can get(MAX TVS setup) I really would only run it on a TVS or a stock blower that was a MAX port effort

On 2011(brother in-laws ) and my own KR since running stock blower and not ported,I couldn't justify the CNC plenum. I ran the cast plenum on both those setups. On the stock blower setups at that airflow the numbers are just to close between the cast and the CNC plenum to justify the cost of the CNC plenum.

I have the CNC on my 07 TVS setup which should put down 800rwhp plus dynojet numbers or so(will be dynoing it in the next week or so)

Herman's setup runs a TVS with the CNC plenum and has put down over 800rwhp already on pump gas (dynojet numbers we had it on the dyno a couple weeks back.) :frolic:

Gr8snkbite
11-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Good intel...thx Jim..if/when I do pull the trigger, it'll surely be for the TVS and not stock sc....great numbers to..

Alloy Dave
11-28-2010, 04:35 AM
your kidding..right...:giggle:

too bad Tasca's website isnt as up to date...:doh2:

what makes their pulley so special....looks like a Metco...You gonna port match that to the blower?

Gr8snkbite
11-28-2010, 01:44 PM
You gonna port match that to the blower?

Haven't decided which direction I'm gonna go....