PDA

View Full Version : Ford Racing Raptor only 100K

JTB
12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
http://www.fordracingparts.com/images/part/full/m-frraptor-xt.jpg

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11732 :redcard3:

Birdman
12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Why the red card JT that's quite a truck for the money unless it's because it's an off road only (no vin) then I agree with the :redcard:

JTB
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Why the red card JT that's quite a truck for the money unless it's because it's an off road only (no vin) then I agree with the :redcard:

+1

With no Vin, I was under the impression there is no warranty no nothing, and the vehicle can never be used on the road, correct?

Further, I think you have to go and pick it up in Michigan, no freight even available! :wow2:

I looked at the specs and just thought that even a privateer, let alone a team, could build a comparable Raptor with a $55,000 dollar budget for mods to a street legal Raptor.

Maybe you get some support for FORD though if you bought their turn-key of road racer, who knows...

Black Vert SS
12-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Why are you guys dissing on my truck?:boink:

JTB
12-28-2010, 06:42 PM

:boink:

Black Vert SS
12-28-2010, 07:02 PM
:innocent:

Boston Mike
12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Why are you guys pissing on my truck?:boink:

:dogpee:

Dangit Snoopy!!!

VaporDude
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
So the red card is because you can't drive it on the road? That is total BS. This is no different than Ford Racing coming out with the Cobra Jet Mustang that you didn't :redcard3:. Yes you can probably build one for less but you can also build a Cobra Jet for less than what they wanted. It does have some massive spring travel, 15 front and 18 rear.

Joe G
12-29-2010, 02:10 AM

Do you have it on a turntable in your living room with the Shelby?

JTB
12-29-2010, 02:30 AM
So the red card is because you can't drive it on the road? That is total BS. This is no different than Ford Racing coming out with the Cobra Jet Mustang that you didn't :redcard3:. Yes you can probably build one for less but you can also build a Cobra Jet for less than what they wanted. It does have some massive spring travel, 15 front and 18 rear.

:redcard3: mainly for the price, just can't see what they did justifies more than 2x the cost of a stock Raptor IMO, I think you could probably build it cheaper, I may be wrong, it's happened before. :smile:

onecrazydog
12-29-2010, 03:28 AM
It's pretty cool that you can walk up to the parts counter and order one of those and a cobra jet!! Casually give the parts number to the counter guy and wait for his reaction when he looks them up!!