PDA

View Full Version : Stangs United Club 2011 membership letter

Birdman
05-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Dear StangsUnited friends and members,

This May marks our one year anniversary here at StangsUnited!

Since we are a non-profit club we rely primarily on membership dues and voluntary additional contributions to help fund club activities including the forum website we all enjoy.

The club Officers and Board of Directors serve as volunteers without compensation and also donate to the club.

To join us as a StangsUnited club member for another year of fun and camaraderie, please click “donate” in the blue or gray header-bar at the top of any webpage to pay via PayPal (using any major credit card) at your convenience. Yearly membership dues are only $20.00.

When you do please "Add a Note" prior to paying while in your PayPal account noting "Membership Renewal" or "Membership Donation" so we will know what your payment is applied to.

We look forward to serving you for another year. Thank you for your continued participation and support.

Sincerely,
The officers and board of StangsUnited.

CH53Driver
05-08-2011, 03:30 PM
George,

So I take it your membership doesn't start from the month you joined? In other words, I think I became a paid supporter around August/September time frame but dues are due every May regardless of month joined?

Birdman
05-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Matt we would prefer to get everyone's renewal due on the same time. Most of the members in the first year signed up in May so it isn't really an issue for most.

That said what we could do for those who joined late in the year is make an adjustment for the amount of time left this year after your one year is up. That would bring you up to date for the rest of the year. Example: if your current membership runs out in August then we could adjust your payment for this year to apply to the 4 months remaining or 1/3rd the cost.

Another option, but not our first choice, would be to leave things as they are and just have you send in your "contribution" on the same month as you originally signed up. But like I said we would prefer to get everyone on the same "page" if you will and have May as our membership month.

Let Keith know what you would like to do since he is handling the pay-pal account and he also has all the records of who signed up and when.

CH53Driver
05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Matt we would prefer to get everyone's renewal due on the same time. Most of the members in the first year signed up in May so it isn't really an issue for most.

That said what we could do for those who joined late in the year is make an adjustment for the amount of time left this year after your one year is up. That would bring you up to date for the rest of the year. Example: if your current membership runs out in August then we could adjust your payment for this year to apply to the 4 months remaining or 1/3rd the cost.

Another option, but not our first choice, would be to leave things as they are and just have you send in your "contribution" on the same month as you originally signed up. But like I said we would prefer to get everyone on the same "page" if you will and have May as our membership month.

Let Keith know what you would like to do since he is handling the pay-pal account and he also has all the records of who signed up and when.

I don't mind doing it as I joined in May and it makes sense to have everyone on the same month. That being said and to be the devils advocate, we have to agree that there is a core of people on here that started/immigrated to this forum. As we gain new members, it may be a turn off for some to donate if only a few months later they have to donate again because they hit the month of May. I guess I took the site supporter thing as kind of an "annual membership". I think if you wish to collect from future new joins, that might be the best way to market it? Just a thought and not trying to be a Monday Morning quarterback. :tiphat:

Birdman
05-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't mind doing it as I joined in May and it makes sense to have everyone on the same month. That being said and to be the devils advocate, we have to agree that there is a core of people on here that started/immigrated to this forum. As we gain new members, it may be a turn off for some to donate if only a few months later they have to donate again because they hit the month of May. I guess I took the site supporter thing as kind of an "annual membership". I think if you wish to collect from future new joins, that might be the best way to market it? Just a thought and not trying to be a Monday Morning quarterback. :tiphat:

Thanks for your feedback on this. This is something we are looking into as part of our 501c7 regs as well. Yes an annual membership but ultimately come due in May for all ....adjusted as necessary come the 2nd year.

Iceman
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
By chance is there a mailing address? I no longer use paypal after my account was hacked....Although they made it right it was a big hassle and I just have never gone back to it for personl things....I am happy to mail $ or pay cash if i am able to make Orfstock again (it is not looking good for this year though). If you prefer only paypal I can probably work somehting out with BVM to get it to you that way.

Joe G
05-09-2011, 06:43 PM
By chance is there a mailing address? I no longer use paypal after my account was hacked....Although they made it right it was a big hassle and I just have never gone back to it for personl things....I am happy to mail $ or pay cash if i am able to make Orfstock again (it is not looking good for this year though). If you prefer only paypal I can probably work somehting out with BVM to get it to you that way.

Speaking of BVMP... what is the sponsorship fee for us?

Boston Mike
05-09-2011, 09:38 PM

:look:

Tommy Gun
05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
I accept cash.

From Iceman and from BVMP. :bigboss:

Seriously though you can send me cash or check and it will be deposited to Stangsunited and noted in our donations registry.

Birdman
05-09-2011, 10:46 PM

Our vendor rate from last year remains the same for this year, thank you..:tiphat2:

Birdman
05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I accept cash.

From Iceman and from BVMP. :bigboss:

Seriously though you can send me cash or check and it will be deposited to Stangsunited and noted in our donations registry.

NOTE: FYI...... We are in the process of installing Alloy Dave as our new Treasurer of Stangs United Inc. until that process is complete (Bill) Tommy Gun is still our Treasurer ....

If anyone else wants to send a check to StangsUnited I suggest you PM Tommy Gun (Bill) for the address to send it to.

Birdman
05-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Please refrain from PW-ing in this section, thank you..:tiphat2:

Gr8snkbite
05-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Bump