PDA

View Full Version : Stangs United Members Input

VaporDude
07-28-2011, 12:34 AM
The Board of Directors of Stangs United would like to take a minute and thank each and eveyone of you for participating in this forum. As you may be aware, we are a non-profit CLUB supported by MEMBER donations. We make most of this forum site availabe to like-minded people who register because we want to encourage new CLUB MEMBERS to join us. The Board of Directors meets quarterly to discuss management of the CLUB and this SITE. We have considered ways to improve these forums and we want to know from you, our forum community, what you like and want to see, and also dislike or don't feelis usefull. For example:

• How would you improve this site?
• What should be taken away?
• What should added?
• Would you recommend this site to a friend or fellow Mustang owner? If yes, why. If not, why not?
• Is the organization of this forum easy to navigate and use?
• Is the content generally to your liking?
• Do you see enough tech news and articles?
• Do you enjoy the informal camaraderie and MEMBER Family Forums?
• For those who are CLUB MEMBERS: are you getting enough site content and CLUB enjoyment/value overall to justify your contribution?
• For those who are SITE REGISTRANTS: are you receiving enough SITE content and enjoyment to potentially consider joining us as a CLUB MEMBMER?

These are only some questions and you don’t need to copy and paste them. Just give us your honest opinions on how Stangs United can improve and attract more like-minded enthusiasts to the community.

Please refrain from :postwhore: in this thread. The only thread cleanup there will be is the deleting of the PW post.

Vette Killer
07-28-2011, 02:15 AM
The Board of Directors of Stangs United would like to take a minute and thank each and eveyone of you for participating in this forum. As you may be aware, we are a non-profit CLUB supported by MEMBER donations. We make most of this forum site availabe to like-minded people who register because we want to encourage new CLUB MEMBERS to join us. The Board of Directors meets quarterly to discuss management of the CLUB and this SITE. We have considered ways to improve these forums and we want to know from you, our forum community, what you like and want to see, and also dislike or don't feelis usefull. For example:

• How would you improve this site? It would be nice to have a "mark thread read option"; I use the view new posts option the most and it is a bit tedious to have to open all the threads to get them off the new content list....I have no issue with people doing the PW, I just don't want to have to open every thread to get around it

• What should added? I would like to see a links section added that members could add to, sorted by category...someone would need to do a quick review before adding to list to make sure it is appropriate...I find there is a lot of info in the forums but tough to find links you remembered seeing sometime in the past

• Would you recommend this site to a friend or fellow Mustang owner? If yes, why. If not, why not? Yes, already have...great people and great tech...not a lot of whiney BS or Kool Aid drinking like on other sites

• Is the organization of this forum easy to navigate and use? Yes

• Is the content generally to your liking? Yes

• Do you see enough tech news and articles? No, but I am a bit of a freak that way...

• Do you enjoy the informal camaraderie and MEMBER Family Forums? Yes

• For those who are CLUB MEMBERS: are you getting enough site content and CLUB enjoyment/value overall to justify your contribution? Yes
• For those who are SITE REGISTRANTS: are you receiving enough SITE content and enjoyment to potentially consider joining us as a CLUB MEMBMER?

These are only some questions and you don’t need to copy and paste them. Just give us your honest opinions on how Stangs United can improve and attract more like-minded enthusiasts to the community.

Please refrain from :postwhore: in this thread. The only thread cleanup there will be is the deleting of the PW post.

See answers in quote...also, one area I would like to see is a section for local car clubs and/or hosting for them (as long as they are non profit and Ford related)

VaporDude
07-28-2011, 03:13 AM
See answers in quote...also, one area I would like to see is a section for local car clubs and/or hosting for them (as long as they are non profit and Ford related)

There is a regional section. Go to the main forum and scroll down to the regional section. We can make a sticky in that region for car clubs. They would be added to that sticky.

Joker
07-28-2011, 03:16 AM

A the top middle of the forum page click on Forum action. You have the choice to mark the "forums read" from there.

Not sure if you were talking about once you read what you wanted to, being able to get all the unread stuff of the list or just a thread at a time.

mustang loco
07-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Being very honest here,I think that this site has great content,great bunch,a lot of tech. threads/tech. guys always ready to help.I honestly wouldn't change anything...For me,this place rocks and would definately bring a lot of my mustangs friends to this site,but a lot of them are mostly french...

Vette Killer
07-28-2011, 04:34 AM
A the top middle of the forum page click on Forum action. You have the choice to mark the "forums read" from there.

Not sure if you were talking about once you read what you wanted to, being able to get all the unread stuff of the list or just a thread at a time.

Yeah, would be nice just to be able to mark individual threads as read....to only be able to mark all the forums read defeats the purpose for me

68fastback
07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Yeah, would be nice just to be able to mark individual threads as read....to only be able to mark all the forums read defeats the purpose for me

I see what you mean -- almost like how yahoo/gmail, etc manage emails ...click a box to mark an email (thread) read. We do have what's considered about the best forum software (V-bulleting version 4.n.n) but dunno if that capability is available ...it's a great idea tho!

[edit:] ...I see there's an unsupported mod on v-bulletin version 3.n.n to do exactly that (mark thread read). It's done by doubleclicking the status icon to the left of the thrad title. It marks just that thread read without opening it. It's an unsupported feature but dunno if it's available yet on version 4.n.n (couldn't find it). If it is or becomes available I'd agree it should be considered (there is some risk to unsupported mods, but it is rated at 5-stars on v-3). Here's a link to v-bulletin forum site on the v-3 feature (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=218549)

CH53Driver
07-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Being very honest here,I think that this site has great content,great bunch,a lot of tech. threads/tech. guys always ready to help.I honestly wouldn't change anything...For me,this place rocks and would definately bring a lot of my mustangs friends to this site,but a lot of them are mostly french...

+1 It's the only Mustang forum I go to now. :shades:

Tommy Gun
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM

I like that too. Not sure that is possible though.

Carnut
07-28-2011, 05:01 PM
The site is pretty easy to navigate and speed is super. The format is easy to read. There is a good mix of technical threads and messing around threads. THe light handed moderating is a good thing for the type of site I think you are trying to have. I personally object to strict moderating and don't stay long on those types of sites, I'm too old to be told anything.

The only improvements I could suggest would be in the area of technical threads, not enough of them BUT, it will take time to compile this type of information. Perhaps you could take acorns in lieu of the cash.

In summary, don't be changing stuff, just add to it as time permits.

VaporDude
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
This is the kind of information that we are looking for to help improve SU.

The Bone
07-29-2011, 01:53 PM
It would be nice if I clicked on a thread and it automatically took me to the first unread post.
other than that this site rocks. I dont mind the PWing. It sometimes adds to the fun here.
Another thing I like about this place is that we welcome everyone to join in the fun. Its to bad that new members dont seem to stick around to make the core group bigger. I do spread the word around as much as possible and I wear my club shirt to all car shows that I go to.
The next one to concur here gets :gun:

Shlbylvr
07-29-2011, 02:08 PM
It would be nice if I clicked on a thread and it automatically took me to the first unread post.
other than that this site rocks. I dont mind the PWing. It sometimes adds to the fun here.
Another thing I like about this place is that we welcome everyone to join in the fun. Its to bad that new members dont seem to stick around to make the core group bigger. I do spread the word around as much as possible and I wear my club shirt to all car shows that I go to.
The next one to concur here gets :gun:

There is a little button with "arrows" pointing down.. this is to the left of the title of the thread. if you click that, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

VaporDude
07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
There is a little button with "arrows" pointing down.. this is to the left of the title of the thread. if you click that, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

:goodpost:

Highwayman
07-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't let my <200 post count fool anyone, I am on this site probably 4 to 5 days a week reading many threads.

I am much appriciated of the technical information that gets posted and shared here :goodpost: as well as all of the personal involvement by the members :webers: (i.e. :postwhore: included). This forum quickly became my escape from the world when I need a good laugh :spitcopy: knowing that none here will ever be :ban: because we are all here for the same reason.

I would like to see the banners at the top of the page made a little smaller, they just take up to much screen space which it annoying on my phone.

68fastback
07-29-2011, 05:45 PM

:wtg: ...and any thread with a green 'button' over the 'envelope' to the left of that lttle blue 'button' says you've posted in that thread before and if you hover your mouse over the envelope it will tell you how many posts you have in that thread. If you haven't posted in that thread before, hovering over the 'envelope' will show you the first post (without leaving the list of posts).

Not sure what the color of the emvelope means tho: pink vs blue vs (sometimes) gray. It seems to turn gray of you click thru to a hread and then use the browser back arrow to return to the list (vs clicking on what's new again wouch refreshes the list), but the pink vs blue escapes me. Anyone?

VaporDude
07-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I think the pink vs blue is that a female created the thread in pink and the males created the post that is in blue. :haha:

Seriously, one of them means that you have posted in there and the other you haven't posted in there. I am not sure which is which.

mustang loco
07-29-2011, 06:51 PM
just a suggestion/idea on configuration,on one of my French forum,on every post on top to the left(where's the time...post)we have a TOP button,wich is pretty handy to go back to top of the page instead of "scrolling" your way up....just a thought

here's an ex:
http://www.montrealmustang.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=32368&pid=231814&st=0&#entry231814

Gr8snkbite
07-29-2011, 07:14 PM
just a suggestion/idea on configuration,on one of my French forum,on every post on top to the left(where's the time...post)we have a TOP button,wich is pretty handy to go back to top of the page instead of "scrolling" your way up....just a thought

here's an ex:
http://www.montrealmustang.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=32368&pid=231814&st=0&#entry231814

look down at the bottom of the page...right side in the red bar...the word "top" is there for a reason.....:doh2: :giggle:

mustang loco
07-30-2011, 02:30 AM
look down at the bottom of the page...right side in the red bar...the word "top" is there for a reason.....:doh2: :giggle:

oooops,my bad,sorry!!

Tommy Gun
07-30-2011, 11:59 AM
VD, are you putting the suggestions mentioned here somewhere?

Like in the first post.

Highwayman
07-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Seriously, one of them means that you have posted in there and the other you haven't posted in there. I am not sure which is which.

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest a test for you to try, look for a thread you have posted in and see what the color is and write it down, now look in a thread you have not posted in and see if the color is different than the one you wrote down. Please post your results once you have completed the test.

:sneaking2:

VaporDude
07-30-2011, 05:59 PM
VD, are you putting the suggestions mentioned here somewhere?

Like in the first post.

I will do a recap once this thread has ran its course.

VaporDude
08-01-2011, 12:02 AM

• How would you improve this site?
• What should added?
• Would you recommend this site to a friend or fellow Mustang owner? If yes, why. If not, why not?
• Is the organization of this forum easy to navigate and use?
• Is the content generally to your liking?
• Do you see enough tech news and articles?
• Do you enjoy the informal camaraderie and MEMBER Family Forums?
• For those who are CLUB MEMBERS: are you getting enough site content and CLUB enjoyment/value overall to justify your contribution?

Tomorrow is clean up day........:grin:

Tommy Gun
08-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Tomorrow is clean up day........:grin:

Done.

:sherriff:

Joe G
08-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Done.

Thank you. I'm sorry for my one indiscretion. :oops:

VaporDude
08-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Done.

Thank you Sherriff TG. :tiphat:

Tommy Gun
08-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Your welcome.

To everyone else, even those who just browse here, what other suggestions would you have for this site?

What do you think would bring more people here?

What would you do different if you had the controls?

68fastback
08-16-2011, 03:58 AM
Here's an idea: Modular Fords recently added a new feature called THE GARAGE (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/garage.php). I've heard other sites have someting similar too. It's a snapshot/profile of member rides all in one spot. A click-thru to it might be featured on our home-page?

I don't know how difficult/easy it might be to do (Joker or CD or??, any thoughts?). Maybe we could call it something different too: the Paddock, the Corale, the Snake Pit -lol- ...actually should be an 'inclusive' name since some have Raptors etc too.

Anyhow, is that something that might help attract like-minded enthusiasts to the site and/or CLUB? Is it something you'd personally be interested in displaying your car/mods/etc in? ...assuming it's not too difficult to do.

Thoughts, comments?

Highwayman
08-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Here's an idea: Modular Fords recently added a new feature called THE GARAGE (http://www.modularfords.com/forums/garage.php). I've heard other sites have someting similar too. It's a snapshot/profile of member rides all in one spot. A click-thru to it might be featured on our home-page?

I don't know how difficult/easy it might be to do (Joker or CD or??, any thoughts?). Maybe we could call it something different too: the Paddock, the Corale, the Snake Pit -lol- ...actually should be an 'inclusive' name since some have Raptors etc too.

Anyhow, is that something that might help attract like-minded enthusiasts to the site and/or CLUB? Is it something you'd personally be interested in displaying your car/mods/etc in? ...assuming it's not too difficult to do.

Thoughts, comments?

As long as it is only on the main page I would be fine with this. I use my phone for checking the forum so I would like to see those pages kept as clean as possible so there is less for me to have to scroll through before getting to the parts I want to see.

Orf
08-16-2011, 01:21 PM
As long as it is only on the main page I would be fine with this. I use my phone for checking the forum so I would like to see those pages kept as clean as possible so there is less for me to have to scroll through before getting to the parts I want to see.

Tony?

:sofa:

Shelby-Don
08-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Your welcome.

To everyone else, even those who just browse here, what other suggestions would you have for this site?

What do you think would bring more people here?

What would you do different if you had the controls?

A free micro-fiber towel
:tease2:
I think the forum is pretty easy to navigate, thers are just soo many forums out there to keep up with although SU is now my first choice

Gr8snkbite
08-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Tony?

:sofa:

:haha:

:ohsnap:

Tommy Gun
08-17-2011, 02:31 AM
A free micro-fiber towel
:tease2:
I think the forum is pretty easy to navigate, thers are just soo many forums out there to keep up with although SU is now my first choice

PM me your address, I'll send you a micro-fiber towel.

We aim to please. :tease2:

Joe G
08-17-2011, 03:01 AM
PM me your address, I'll send you a micro-fiber towel.

We aim to please. :tease2:

Send one to ATI too.

I think he's waited the longest.

Gr8snkbite
08-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Send one to ATI too.

i have one for him....:weg:

Boston Mike
08-17-2011, 09:30 PM
i have one for him....:weg:

Is he gonna have to .............................wait for it?

:lol:

ati
11-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Send one to ATI too.

:waiting2:

Tommy Gun
11-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Nice pull :popcorn:

Gr8snkbite
11-13-2012, 09:24 PM
:groan: