PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!!! The exhaust combo I've been wanting!!!

Cheftjpeck
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM
After several combinations... Changes... Etc
I have my ultimate exhaust... The Full KR 500 setup!!!
So I took a stock gt500 xpipe w cats... Took to an excellent speed shop.. Took an actual KR h pipe from Shelby.. They measured and cut .. Beautifully welded in KR h pipe along with my KR axlebacks and voila!!!!!
Deep growl... Fitment of the Shelby KR h pipe was dead on.. Which I was very surprised.. My other h pipe piece I had was a little off but it worked
I will say this.. The KR hpipe has a slightly different tone than the other one I had.. I prefer this tone allot more...
This growls when it needs to.. WOT is awesome,,,
And I can hear the whine of the sc again.. Woo hooo I am happy..
I will be keeping my high flow catted x pipe in case anything goes wrong with cats on the stocker...

CH53Driver
12-01-2011, 08:24 PM
:wtg:

Glad you have it all sorted out now!

Boston Mike
12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
So I took a stock gt500 xpipe w cats... Took to an excellent speed shop.. Took an actual KR h pipe from Shelby.. They measured and cut .. Beautifully welded in KR h pipe along with my KR axlebacks and voila!!!!!
Deep growl... Fitment of the Shelby KR h pipe was dead on.. Which I was very surprised.. My other h pipe piece I had was a little off but it worked
I will say this.. The KR hpipe has a slightly different tone than the other one I had.. I prefer this tone allot more...
I will be keeping my high flow catted x pipe in case anything goes wrong with cats on the stocker...

Anyone else buying into this? :look:

Cheftjpeck
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
:hey2:
This time I mean it... :grin:

Really....

I do...

All kidding aside

Shlbylvr
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
:goodpost:

:hey2:
This time I mean it... :grin:

Really....

I do...

All kidding aside

uh huh..

Glad you're happy ....

For now.

:sofa:

VaporDude
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM

Sure isn't me.......I thought the PHR H-pipe was supposed to be just like the actual KR H-pipe. What happen there? I have the PHR and KR setup on mine and I love it. Something doesn't jive here. What's the low down Cheffy? :waiting:

Gr8snkbite
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
yea....what makes that pipe diff from the other you were running to cause a change in tone....

mustang loco
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
glad to see your happy chef...so it basically sounds just like a stock KR...wich do have a nice note btw!!

Darkside
12-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I have 5 bucks that Chef changes his mind by next week.

Birdman
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
glad to see your happy chef...so it basically sounds just like a stock KR...wich do have a nice note btw!!

:wtg: +1

:haha:

Cheftjpeck
12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
I'll take that bet and raise ya $10 that I won't...

Cheftjpeck
12-02-2011, 12:13 AM

Yes 10-4... Exactly like it

Cheftjpeck
12-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Sure isn't me.......I thought the PHR H-pipe was supposed to be just like the actual KR H-pipe. What happen there? I have the PHR and KR setup on mine and I love it. Something doesn't jive here. What's the low down Cheffy? :waiting:

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing any other brand .. So I will just say they are NOT the same in tone or construction of...

VaporDude
12-02-2011, 12:21 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm bashing any other brand .. So I will just say they are NOT the same in tone or construction of...

I wouldn't take it as bashinng since he gave it his all in getting them out to the market. How much was your H-pipe and where did you get it? You can PM it to me if you like.

Cheftjpeck
12-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Ok.. Just to rest everyone's mind... I am in no way saying the Shelby KR h pipe is better than the other one I had...
The other one I loved the sound too.. But if you all remember I had issues with fitment etc.. (I will chalk up as my installers fault and my lack of patience at the time to keep fixing and adjusting etc)
However I will say that the Shelby one sounds better to ME..it also seemed to line up and fit differently (not going to say better) just differently..
As far as difference between two to change tone.. By visual the other h pipe center piece appears thinner than the KR hpipe
Also from what I researched the KR h pipe has a washer welded in that center section to change tone as well..

Again not bashing or being negative on the other one at all...

For me... This setup is perfect

Cheftjpeck
12-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't take it as bashinng since he gave it his all in getting them out to the market. How much was your H-pipe and where did you get it? You can PM it to me if you like.
Directly from Shelby ... I think it was $129

VaporDude
12-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Directly from Shelby ... I think it was $129

Thanks Chef.....I think I'll hold off until mine starts to give me problems.

Tommy Gun
12-02-2011, 12:55 AM

Here we go again. :groan:

:rofl3:

Cheftjpeck
12-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Here we go again. :groan

Ahhh shuddup u face... :hilarious:

Tommy Gun
12-02-2011, 01:06 AM

VaporDude
12-02-2011, 01:14 AM