PDA

View Full Version : Wife wants a Taurus

Dad's72Mach
11-17-2013, 01:24 AM
So my says "oooh I like this car!" and shows me a picture on her laptop of a Jaguar XFR-S (http://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/xf/features-options/index.html). I looked at it and said "umm you might want to look at the Ford Taurus SHO". She proceeds to the Ford website and says "wow that is nice". My response "do I get to spend the 70k difference on a new Shelby?"

Answer: :nonono:

Tommy Gun
11-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Make sure you get the blind spot assistance upgrade, the car has terrible blind spots.

Other than that, awesome car. :wtg:

KC BadCat
11-17-2013, 01:58 AM
Make sure you get the blind spot assistance upgrade, the car has terrible blind spots.

my wife sat in a sho last weekend and felt overwhelmed by it...she is only 5'4".................I think a small escape is in her future.....lol

me on the other hand ......I kinda liked the sho, although the 2014 white/blue striped shelby near it caught my attention a bit more......

Joe G
11-17-2013, 03:22 AM
my wife sat in a sho last weekend and felt overwhelmed by it...she is only 5'4".................I think a small escape is in her future.....lol

me on the other hand ......I kinda liked the sho, although the 2014 white/blue striped shelby near it caught my attention a bit more......
At your age I thought you were looking at Vettes? :tease2:

Dad's72Mach
11-17-2013, 03:41 AM

If I recall he has the requisite chest hair and affinity for gold chains and young girls.

:hat:

Tommy Gun
11-17-2013, 01:55 PM
:wow2:

The Bone
11-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Its a lot bigger than you think. I do like how it drives. It looks great with lots of power. but it is a lot of car to clean. My wife drives it every day and it sits outside which sucks. I have to clean it alot. It has 33,000 miles on it in 2 years with no mechanical problem. However i have replaced 3 tail light units for flaking chrome 3 shifter handles for the chrome coming off and now the plastic thing that holds the seat cover needs to be replaced and the door handle has a broken spring. I was told by my dealer that Ford wants the dealer to send my car to a upholstery shop to fix the seat. This is a :fordfail: Its a seat cover and they want to pay some guy to fix my car pay for a rental for 2 days., How cost effective does that sound. This may not happen
I do love the look but Ford is loosing my confidence

Joe G
11-17-2013, 06:34 PM
I was told by my dealer that Ford wants the dealer to send my car to a upholstery shop to fix the seat. This is a :fordfail: Its a seat cover and they want to pay some guy to fix my car pay for a rental for 2 days.

Just get TG to come over and fix it. :wtg:

Joe G
11-17-2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EQdWlG6Dc

KC BadCat
11-18-2013, 02:42 AM
If I recall he has the requisite chest hair and affinity for gold chains and young girls.

:hat:

oh yea.........grinning.

KC BadCat
11-18-2013, 02:44 AM
my wife actually has the wagon version of the taurus sedan (was called the freestyle, now discontinued). Definitely both the sedan and wagon are large vehicles, which actually is their strength since it allows a lot of interior space.

KC BadCat
11-18-2013, 02:47 AM

I do indeed like the newest C7 vette......a lot of good technical goodies even with the base model. The only killer for me is how low it really is......I am working on 60, and although I could deal with it now, not sure I would like it so much at 65-70. But I think the new version will become a very popular model. Maybe even convert some mustang fans if ford is not careful with the new designs.

Tommy Gun
11-18-2013, 11:54 AM
my wife actually has the wagon version of the taurus sedan (was called the freestyle, now discontinued). Definitely both the sedan and wagon are large vehicles, which actually is their strength since it allows a lot of interior space.

Taurus us wagon was a Taurus X, Joe had one. I don't think the Freestyle was a version of the Taurus although it may have been on the same platform?

Tommy Gun
11-18-2013, 11:56 AM
I do indeed like the newest C7 vette......a lot of good technical goodies even with the base model. The only killer for me is how low it really is......I am working on 60, and although I could deal with it now, not sure I would like it so much at 65-70. But I think the new version will become a very popular model. Maybe even convert some mustang fans if ford is not careful with the new designs.

I drove a 2014 Stingray the other day, it was kinda cool, but very European to me. I wouldn't want something that was was in the shop all the time though.

Boston Mike
11-18-2013, 02:16 PM

If his wife is like the average female driver, blindspots don't matter..............they don't use the mirrors anyways.

Beth's view of the Taurus pre-SHO lease: ugly rental cars
Beth's view of the Taurus post-SHO lease: WOW this car is awesome

PS: it actually is longer nose to tail than the Explorer LTD was based on the always accurate garage parking gauge.

Boston Mike
11-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Just get TG to come over and fix it. :wtg:

Pretty sure CA is west of the mighty Mississippi

Boston Mike
11-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Its a lot bigger than you think. I do like how it drives. It looks great with lots of power. but it is a lot of car to clean. My wife drives it every day and it sits outside which sucks. I have to clean it alot. It has 33,000 miles on it in 2 years with no mechanical problem. However i have replaced 3 tail light units for flaking chrome 3 shifter handles for the chrome coming off and now the plastic thing that holds the seat cover needs to be replaced and the door handle has a broken spring. I was told by my dealer that Ford wants the dealer to send my car to a upholstery shop to fix the seat. This is a :fordfail: Its a seat cover and they want to pay some guy to fix my car pay for a rental for 2 days., How cost effective does that sound. This may not happen
I do love the look but Ford is loosing my confidence

granted, we are only into month # 9 on our SHO, but no issues at all....................

Joe G
11-18-2013, 03:19 PM
If his wife is like the average female driver, blindspots don't matter..............they don't use the mirrors anyways.

PS: it actually is longer nose to tail than the Explorer LTD was based on the always accurate garage parking gauge.

How many dings does it have now? :look:

KC BadCat
11-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Taurus us wagon was a Taurus X, Joe had one. I don't think the Freestyle was a version of the Taurus although it may have been on the same platform?

taurus and taurus x were the new names for the freestyle and the sedan (forgot its name???).....all on the same platform

Tommy Gun
11-18-2013, 05:52 PM
taurus and taurus x were the new names for the freestyle and the sedan (forgot its name???).....all on the same platform

Gotcha, confusing times for the Taurus and the fail Ford 500 that I thought was to take its place.

Boston Mike
11-19-2013, 06:45 PM
How many dings does it have now? :look:

Same one. And yes, that is still my fault apparantly.

Tommy Gun
11-20-2013, 11:37 AM
:spitcopy:

The Bone
11-22-2013, 01:32 AM
I didnt know you had one Mike.
The Fusion is a nice size car. If I had to do it again I may have gone that route Depends on what your needs are. When I got mt SHO it was roomy and had plts of power but now they put ecoboost in all there cars

68fastback
11-22-2013, 02:10 AM
...even mustang is getting a new 2.3L EB ...+/- 340HP?

...but it's a I-4 :hiding: