PDA

View Full Version : Red got new seats and more upgrades to come!

RedNightmare
11-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Hey guys, hope all is well with everyone! Been busy summer i became a volunteer firefighter which has been alot of fun so far my first firecall was a burning structure CRAZY! Im on my last year of school too still pursuing a career in law enforcement. Racing didnt get much of that this season as for my input shaft went kaboom when i upped the boost which was expected, red is no longer a street car and is now a trailer queen put 19lbs race seats in her and im sending my procharger in for a upgraded one my goal is too go 10s all stock so a stock trans with a stronger input will be going in, i have another guy (moser sponsored) gt who is trying to beat me to it also a 5 speed car right now my best is 11.06 and he is right behind me with a 11.07. Taking some more weight out woth tubular bumpers. After i go 10s next season tare down begins and its going to get a 25.5 chassis for either coyote mod or renegade

RedNightmare
11-07-2016, 01:19 PM

RedNightmare
11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

Boston Mike
11-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, hope all is well with everyone! Been busy summer i became a volunteer firefighter which has been alot of fun so far my first firecall was a burning structure CRAZY! Im on my last year of school too still pursuing a career in law enforcement. Racing didnt get much of that this season as for my input shaft went kaboom when i upped the boost which was expected, red is no longer a street car and is now a trailer queen put 19lbs race seats in her and im sending my procharger in for a upgraded one my goal is too go 10s all stock so a stock trans with a stronger input will be going in, i have another guy (moser sponsored) gt who is trying to beat me to it also a 5 speed car right now my best is 11.06 and he is right behind me with a 11.07. Taking some more weight out woth tubular bumpers. After i go 10s next season tare down begins and its going to get a 25.5 chassis for either coyote mod or renegade

www.fireicesolutions.com

Check this stuff out, Mr Fireman.

68fastback
11-07-2016, 04:33 PM
www.fireicesolutions.com (http://www.fireicesolutions.com)

Check this stuff out, Mr Fireman.

Way cool stuff!!

Is someone you know involved with FireIce, Mike?

68fastback
11-07-2016, 04:37 PM

Hey, great to hear from you. Thanks for the update!
Dad called me the other day but we didn't have a chance to talk -- hope all is going great ...sounds like it is!!
Are you going toward State Trooper?
Yeah, sounds like you will be in the 10s real soon! :banana: ...awesome!!

Boston Mike
11-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Way cool stuff!!

Is someone you know involved with FireIce, Mike?

It's my brother in law's company............one of several, but certainly probably the most interesting ones. They've been able to put out magnesium fires with it, lithium ion battery fires, etc. They even have started working on ways to integrate it into firefighter suits. Some of the videos (including him putting a blowtorch to the original soft top on a 68 Firebird..........his own) are pretty cool. Stuff works, increases the volume capacity of water (and hence saves it)...................

68fastback
11-07-2016, 09:39 PM
It's my brother in law's company............one of several, but certainly probably the most interesting ones. They've been able to put out magnesium fires with it, lithium ion battery fires, etc. They even have started working on ways to integrate it into firefighter suits. Some of the videos (including him putting a blowtorch to the original soft top on a 68 Firebird..........his own) are pretty cool. Stuff works, increases the volume capacity of water (and hence saves it)...................

I think it has a ton of potential ...I was thinking if the fire suit had a spider web of capillaries woven into it with a small built-in discharge canister that could quickly ooze FireIce all over the suit's surface it could be a real life-saver and maybe even become standard equipment.
Looks like it's a gel(?) that blankets, sticks and smothers ...no O2, no fire. Brilliant!

Boston Mike
11-07-2016, 09:47 PM
I think it has a ton of potential ...I was thinking if the fire suit had a spider web of capillaries woven into it with a small built-in discharge canister that could quickly ooze FireIce all over the suit's surface it could be a real life-saver and maybe even become standard equipment.
Looks like it's a gel(?) that blankets, sticks and smothers ...no O2, no fire. Brilliant!

actually comes in powder form....................just add water!!! so it could be imbedded in the fabric..............soak the fabric to activate, then when it dries it's back to it's pre-use form. They actually have fireblankets that they already use kinda this way, but it involves a reapplication each time.

And it's not just an idea...............it's in use by SMART fire departments.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/20161107/two-goats-killed-in-holliston-fire

Boston Mike
11-07-2016, 09:51 PM
i only wish our local FD had it in use over the summer when my neighbor's house 4 doors down got struck by lightning. The sheer volume of water they poured on the adjacent structures to prevent them from catching while ignoring the blaze itself was heartbreaking. Fortunately, no one was home, but the home burnt to the ground.

68fastback
11-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Sent the info off to our local department head and a couple of volunteer firefighters I know too...

Joe G
11-08-2016, 01:02 AM
:wow2: Looks like you have big plans for next year's season Jim. Good luck! :chirp:

Boston Mike
11-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Sent the info off to our local department head and a couple of volunteer firefighters I know too...

Cool. He has assembled, I believe, an all firefighter sales team too....................and he has been in front of some national fire fighting conferences too. Also, pitching to wildfire teams.................this stuff is truly biodegradable..........he once coated his hand in it, took a 2000 degree blowtorch to his hand and then took a small taste after (it's mostly potassium I believe...............wouldn't want to ingest a large amount of it intentionally, but much better than that red toxic cloud that wildfires get fought with currently). Oh, and did I mention that they have a patent for weather applications (imagine shooting enough of this into a tropical storm and removing all the moisture from it....................................).

68fastback
11-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Cool. He has assembled, I believe, an all firefighter sales team too....................and he has been in front of some national fire fighting conferences too. Also, pitching to wildfire teams.................this stuff is truly biodegradable..........he once coated his hand in it, took a 2000 degree blowtorch to his hand and then took a small taste after (it's mostly potassium I believe...............wouldn't want to ingest a large amount of it intentionally, but much better than that red toxic cloud that wildfires get fought with currently). Oh, and did I mention that they have a patent for weather applications (imagine shooting enough of this into a tropical storm and removing all the moisture from it....................................).

Way cool product for shure!

---

Headine: Man Crushed by 12 Ton Falling Cloud! :rofl3: