PDA

View Full Version : PPG Paint Lacquer Equivalent in Powder Coat

Highwayman
06-10-2010, 01:35 AM
My friend has a '73 Z28 and he wants to get the wheels repainted. He has the original PPG paint code of DDL32961 which is a lacquer with a swede additive to flatten it out. This paint is no longer available as it is lacquer and he wants to have the wheels powder coated. So my question I need help with is does anyone know what would be the equivalent of this paint for powder coating or how to find it?

Tommy Gun
06-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Call PPG

1-888-774-2001

They have very knowledgeable people.

If you need to have a business to reference the call from I may be able to do that.

Birdman
06-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Call PPG

1-888-774-2001

They have very knowledgeable people.

If you need to have a business to reference the call from I may be able to do that.

You know people......:yes:

Tommy Gun
06-10-2010, 02:14 AM
You know people......:yes:

Maybe.

We'll see how helpful they are if the number doesn't work.

Did you call yet Mark? LOL

JTB
06-10-2010, 02:20 AM
My friend has a '73 Z28 and he wants to get the wheels repainted. He has the original PPG paint code of DDL32961 which is a lacquer with a swede additive to flatten it out. This paint is no longer available as it is lacquer and he wants to have the wheels powder coated. So my question I need help with is does anyone know what would be the equivalent of this paint for powder coating or how to find it?

Call these guys, http://www.automaticcoating.com/ they do all my powder coating, they will do small jobs when they have openings and their work is the absolute standard. They are one of the largest and knowledgeable coaters around, hopefully they can help.

Here's their toll free Toll Free # 1.800.463.7510 give them the paint code and they should be able to give you the powder equivalent.

Birdman
06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Call these guys, http://www.automaticcoating.com/ they do all my powder coating, they will do small jobs when that have openings and their work is the absolute standard. They are one of the largest and knowledgeable coaters around, hopefully they can help.

Here's their toll free Toll Free # 1.800.463.7510 give them the paint code and they should be able to give you the powder equivalent.

You know people too.....:yes: