Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stangs United Members Input

Soon to be 662/631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Stangs United Members Input

The Board of Directors of Stangs United would like to take a minute and thank each and eveyone of you for participating in this forum. As you may be aware, we are a non-profit CLUB supported by MEMBER donations. We make most of this forum site availabe to like-minded people who register because we want to encourage new CLUB MEMBERS to join us. The Board of Directors meets quarterly to discuss management of the CLUB and this SITE. We have considered ways to improve these forums and we want to know from you, our forum community, what you like and want to see, and also dislike or don't feelis usefull. For example:

• How would you improve this site?
    • What should be taken away?
    • What should added?
    • Would you recommend this site to a friend or fellow Mustang owner? If yes, why. If not, why not?
    • Is the organization of this forum easy to navigate and use?
    • Is the content generally to your liking?
    • Do you see enough tech news and articles?
    • Do you enjoy the informal camaraderie and MEMBER Family Forums?
    • For those who are CLUB MEMBERS: are you getting enough site content and CLUB enjoyment/value overall to justify your contribution?
    • For those who are SITE REGISTRANTS: are you receiving enough SITE content and enjoyment to potentially consider joining us as a CLUB MEMBMER?

These are only some questions and you don’t need to copy and paste them. Just give us your honest opinions on how Stangs United can improve and attract more like-minded enthusiasts to the community.

Please refrain from in this thread. The only thread cleanup there will be is the deleting of the PW post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Stangs United Members Input

Quote Originally Posted by VaporDude View Post
    The Board of Directors of Stangs United would like to take a minute and thank each and eveyone of you for participating in this forum. As you may be aware, we are a non-profit CLUB supported by MEMBER donations. We make most of this forum site availabe to like-minded people who register because we want to encourage new CLUB MEMBERS to join us. The Board of Directors meets quarterly to discuss management of the CLUB and this SITE. We have considered ways to improve these forums and we want to know from you, our forum community, what you like and want to see, and also dislike or don't feelis usefull. For example:

• How would you improve this site? It would be nice to have a "mark thread read option"; I use the view new posts option the most and it is a bit tedious to have to open all the threads to get them off the new content list....I have no issue with people doing the PW, I just don't want to have to open every thread to get around it

• What should be taken away?

• What should added? I would like to see a links section added that members could add to, sorted by category...someone would need to do a quick review before adding to list to make sure it is appropriate...I find there is a lot of info in the forums but tough to find links you remembered seeing sometime in the past

• Would you recommend this site to a friend or fellow Mustang owner? If yes, why. If not, why not? Yes, already have...great people and great tech...not a lot of whiney BS or Kool Aid drinking like on other sites

• Is the organization of this forum easy to navigate and use? Yes

• Is the content generally to your liking? Yes

• Do you see enough tech news and articles? No, but I am a bit of a freak that way...

• Do you enjoy the informal camaraderie and MEMBER Family Forums? Yes

• For those who are CLUB MEMBERS: are you getting enough site content and CLUB enjoyment/value overall to justify your contribution? Yes
    • For those who are SITE REGISTRANTS: are you receiving enough SITE content and enjoyment to potentially consider joining us as a CLUB MEMBMER?

These are only some questions and you don’t need to copy and paste them. Just give us your honest opinions on how Stangs United can improve and attract more like-minded enthusiasts to the community.

Please refrain from in this thread. The only thread cleanup there will be is the deleting of the PW post.

See answers in quote...also, one area I would like to see is a section for local car clubs and/or hosting for them (as long as they are non profit and Ford related)

2007 GT500 - Vista Blue/White Stripes

2.9 Whipple, 72# injectors, Bassani headers, x-pipe and full 3" exhaust, 08 damper, FRPP suspension, DSS one piece driveshaft, Steeda shaft cage, FRPP 3.73 gears, Short throw shifter, Steeda carbon fiber cold air kit, Steeda control arms, Steeda torque box supports, L&M Billet TB, KR diff reservoir, C&R cooler & rad, FRPP shift handle, M/T ET Street 2 DR, FRPP coil covers

Tuned by: http://www.tecmotion.ca

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Soon to be 662/631
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Killer View Post
    See answers in quote...also, one area I would like to see is a section for local car clubs and/or hosting for them (as long as they are non profit and Ford related)
    There is a regional section. Go to the main forum and scroll down to the regional section. We can make a sticky in that region for car clubs. They would be added to that sticky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A the top middle of the forum page click on Forum action. You have the choice to mark the "forums read" from there.

Not sure if you were talking about once you read what you wanted to, being able to get all the unread stuff of the list or just a thread at a time.
    2008 Red Super Snake
    CSM # 08SS0067
    TVS, 2.65 VMP upper pulley, L&M TB & Plenum, 80 lb FRPP Injectors, Cobra Jet MAF, DynoTech 3.5 DS, Revan Racing Radiator and Heat Exchanger, KR Mufflers, Custom Stereo
    A.E.D. Tuned on 91 pump gas
    682 RWHP, 652 TQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Being very honest here,I think that this site has great content,great bunch,a lot of tech. threads/tech. guys always ready to help.I honestly wouldn't change anything...For me,this place rocks and would definately bring a lot of my mustangs friends to this site,but a lot of them are mostly french...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IF you can't hear my whine............................................y ou're behind!!

Pullied TVS,I.West 10%,L&M 72/plenum and port matched on blower,3:73 gears and a bit of exhaust!! she's quick,

http://www.facebook.com/BilletProShop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    A the top middle of the forum page click on Forum action. You have the choice to mark the "forums read" from there.

Not sure if you were talking about once you read what you wanted to, being able to get all the unread stuff of the list or just a thread at a time.

Yeah, would be nice just to be able to mark individual threads as read....to only be able to mark all the forums read defeats the purpose for me

2007 GT500 - Vista Blue/White Stripes

2.9 Whipple, 72# injectors, Bassani headers, x-pipe and full 3" exhaust, 08 damper, FRPP suspension, DSS one piece driveshaft, Steeda shaft cage, FRPP 3.73 gears, Short throw shifter, Steeda carbon fiber cold air kit, Steeda control arms, Steeda torque box supports, L&M Billet TB, KR diff reservoir, C&R cooler & rad, FRPP shift handle, M/T ET Street 2 DR, FRPP coil covers

Tuned by: http://www.tecmotion.ca

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, would be nice just to be able to mark individual threads as read....to only be able to mark all the forums read defeats the purpose for me
    I see what you mean -- almost like how yahoo/gmail, etc manage emails ...click a box to mark an email (thread) read. We do have what's considered about the best forum software (V-bulleting version 4.n.n) but dunno if that capability is available ...it's a great idea tho!

[edit:] ...I see there's an unsupported mod on v-bulletin version 3.n.n to do exactly that (mark thread read). It's done by doubleclicking the status icon to the left of the thrad title. It marks just that thread read without opening it. It's an unsupported feature but dunno if it's available yet on version 4.n.n (couldn't find it). If it is or becomes available I'd agree it should be considered (there is some risk to unsupported mods, but it is rated at 5-stars on v-3). Here's a link to v-bulletin forum site on the v-3 feature
    68fastback™ ;-)

“When you tear out a man’s tongue you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say” -- George R. R. Martin

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN! .
    Veritas vos Luberabit
    (the truth will set you free)

Tactics Junkie on Steroids CH53Driver's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustang loco View Post
    Being very honest here,I think that this site has great content,great bunch,a lot of tech. threads/tech. guys always ready to help.I honestly wouldn't change anything...For me,this place rocks and would definately bring a lot of my mustangs friends to this site,but a lot of them are mostly french...
    +1 It's the only Mustang forum I go to now.
    2015 F-150 XLT SuperCrew FX4 w/2.7EB in Magnetic

20xx GT350?

Snoopys Owner
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I like that too. Not sure that is possible though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The site is pretty easy to navigate and speed is super. The format is easy to read. There is a good mix of technical threads and messing around threads. THe light handed moderating is a good thing for the type of site I think you are trying to have. I personally object to strict moderating and don't stay long on those types of sites, I'm too old to be told anything.

The only improvements I could suggest would be in the area of technical threads, not enough of them BUT, it will take time to compile this type of information. Perhaps you could take acorns in lieu of the cash.

In summary, don't be changing stuff, just add to it as time permits.

Thread Information