Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversaries -- Of Anything ...events, rock-star birthdays, whatever ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Re: Anniversaries -- Of Anything ...events, rock-star birthdays, whatever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Dave View Post
    I found out this week that Miley Cyrus has a birthday on the same day as mine, November 23rd.
    move alone there's nothing to see here...
    Build Date: 09/26/06
    Delivered Date: 10/13/06
    709 out of 2694 Convertibles
    44 out of 151 Tungsten Grey Convertibles

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

"It is not about how much money you make. The question is are you educated enough to KEEP it."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found out this week that Miley Cyrus has a birthday on the same day as mine, November 23rd.
    Happy Turkeyday and Birthday, Dave! ;-)
    68fastback™ ;-)

“When you tear out a man’s tongue you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say” -- George R. R. Martin

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN! .
    Veritas vos Luberabit
    (the truth will set you free)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That song, all by itself, is what caused me to buy my first power booster with my 8-track tape player in about 1977. I had a Vega with about 200A.

8-Track! I had one in the '68 -- created a flip-up for blank panel in the center of the dash and mounted a Panasonic 8-track behind that under the dash ...that was when I first found the build sheet for the car stuffed up in the dash -doh!
    68fastback™ ;-)

“When you tear out a man’s tongue you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say” -- George R. R. Martin

Veritas vos Luberabit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 68fastback View Post
    Joe Walsh celebrating his 70th birthday today!

Life's been good!

...early, live version ...with hi own band:

Loved seeing him this summer when he opened for Tom Petty. Both great artists who just enjoyed being out there. Glad I saw Petty before he left us - was a bucket list thing for me and Mrs G.
    Stangs United: We Have More Horsepower Than You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
    Loved seeing him this summer when he opened for Tom Petty. Both great artists who just enjoyed being out there. Glad I saw Petty before he left us - was a bucket list thing for me and Mrs G.
    Nice!!

I never saw either of them live :(
    68fastback™ ;-)

Veritas vos Luberabit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

On this day in 1963 President Kennedy was assassinated.
    Cheers.
    Tony

Nothing here yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

:(

Wow ...54 years sure went by quickly!
    Who knows where we'd be today if JFK didn't have the cojones to back Khrushchev down and force the Russian missile program out of Cuba
    68fastback™ ;-)

Veritas vos Luberabit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Just saw a spot on the news. Otis Redding's "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" is 50.
    Cheers.
    Tony

Nothing here yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! Time sure flies ...great song and great album too!! Love his version of Try a Little Tenderness ;-)
    68fastback™ ;-)

Veritas vos Luberabit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thirty-seven years ago today, in front of The Dakota on Central Park West in NYC, Mark David Chapman, a deranged azzhat, pumped four bullets into the back of John Winston Lennon as he was returning home in the evening to The Dakota after a recording session. Not coincidentally, earlier in the evening Lennon had autographed a copy of the album Double Fantasy for Chapman.

At the time I recall that Chapman was frustrated with Lennon's globalization and anti-war views and lyrics which he strongly opposed. Hmmm, seems Chapman's views, tho he was clearly a nut job, were somewhat prescient of a growing divide: on one hand love will cure all and on the other there will always be evil-doers who understand nothing except force. Reality is never kind but always real.

RIP JWL ...well meaning and naive as you were.

As a side note, the end of the Beatles was inevitable for other reasons. Harrison was circling Eastern thought trying to understand himself and the meaning of life. Paul and Ringo grew up in well-grounded families and their lyrics focus on ageless simple themes. There is no way that the four of them would have remained together much longer and, in many regards, they had emotionally separated only coming back when they were able to put their differences aside long enough to find another theme they could all engage their talents in. All giants in their own right but it would be Ringo or Paul (in that order) who of the four I'd like most to share to beer with. Ringo had become good friends with Levon Helm of The Band and loved to drop in on their beachfront house/recording studio in CA whenever he could. Ringo tried to convince Paul to join him on occasion but Paul was already long into Linda and family and such. Ringo simply loved the music of The Band -- the genuineness of the people and the lyrics which focused on the US southland. Could you imagine if they somehow were to have collaborated -- one can only wonder!
    68fastback™ ;-)

Veritas vos Luberabit

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information